Thursday, July 9, 2015

Craftiness and Art Therapy

There is a craft fair this Sunday that I will be a part of. I feel like I need to be like the four arm guy from Mortal Kombat to get all the stuff done that I need. Long nights and early mornings have been the routine this last week.

Creating things with your hands knowing that someone is going to see it and feel some type of way about it can be nerve wracking. I know I make quality products, I am very skilled at what I do, though the week before an event such as this I often find myself freaking out over the little things. Today I got distracted and gave an octopus a ninth tentacle. I have never done that in my nine years crocheting. It's like my mommy brain has taken a turn for the worse.

All anxiety aside making things is the best therapy ever. When I'm mad I start a small project and the sense of accomplishment that comes upon completion washes out my anger. I have thought some of my worst problems out while crocheting. All people are different, and so are all forms of art. They do however have that one thing in common, they help your mind open up and think.

So next time you're angry pick up a pen, hook, brush, or whatever your medium's tools and "art" it out rather than blowing up at someone or saying something you'll regret. Trust me this is the far better option.

-Badger Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment