Friday, July 10, 2015

Meditation

So I recely found a book that I had purchased quite some time ago and never opened until now... It is Meditations by Marcus Aurelius... I am not far in yet, but it did set my mind to contemplating meditation (Ironic) and how much trouble I have had with this is the past... My mind does not shut up, attempting to clear it is like trying to clean mud out of a rug in the middle of a puddle during a rain storm... Literally, I barely make a trail though it before it fills in from both sides with dirt.


But some time ago, I began reading up on alchemy and found that my problem is I am trying to utilize eastern meditation when I should be using alchemical meditation. The principle, as best as I can recall, is unlike clearing the mind one plants a seed of something and allows free flowing thoughts to rub up against it like puzzle pieces until one clicks and you start to see a larger part of the image. I can't clear my brain but I can fertilize...

Yes I did just say that my brain is full of crap, as are most of your brains, but thats part of being human. Did you ever do something mundane, like mow the lawn, rake leaves, wash dishes, hell read your favorite book, or watch your favorite movie (something that you have done many times before, and at least once while you were child) and realized that it all made so much sense... how did you not get it? You have just had an epiphany about how if you just rake the leaves into a pile and put them in a bag the job will be done... And then spent 30 minutes wondering how you never put it together as a child?

I have one of those once a month, hell sometimes about topics I have had many on, so filling your brains with crap has one solid effect, and that is a comparison, you may feel like you wasted thirty minutes of your life watching that South Park episode, but in the end in five years you will thik back and reflect and suddenly realize that you took a small piece with you and is has slightly changed the course of your life... Only you can chose if it is for the better or not, but remember you are the only one that has any control over for the better r not also.

Your Meditative Liege
King Badger

No comments:

Post a Comment