Sunday, July 5, 2015

Freetime Anxiety

This past week I have had so much freetime I don't know what to do with it. I've been busy but its because I have chosen to fill my freetime with activity. We floated two different rivers, a total of nine hours spent on the river this week. We had a pool party for Independence Day.

My oldest is camping with my mom until Tuesday, he's been with her for three days already and I miss him so much. The baby takes naps and usually that's my chance to spend some time with my oldest. So now when he's napping I'm not sure what to do. I could crochet something for my shop, or paint something. Though, sitting down and relaxing just causes me to stress about how I'm not being productive. I can't be alone in this, does anyone else feel that way?

Why is it that we feel the need to always be doing something? To always be moving? I don't understand it I just do it. I would like to turn off my Type-A tendencies, but if I do that then what if I become too "chill" and don't ever get back to work? These are just the things I think about while I sit here trying to find something to do for the next hour so I don't have to beat myself up on the inside for not doing anything. Hope you all had a good holiday weekend!

-Badger Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment