Thursday, July 2, 2015

Floating



As I was drifting on the river yesterday I was thinking about how fortunate we are in Montana. I love that we live in a place where we can do something like this. If I wanted I could go drop my car off at a bridge, float to my actual street, and walk a few blocks up it to get home. Then get a ride to my car later. It’s absolutely perfect. Not to mention the view down that section of river is awesome. Granted further up it has a far better view without any buildings or streets for most of it, but it's still so beautiful.

Yesterday it was so sunny and perfect, but we didn’t get on the river until after six so for the majority of the trip we were in shadow. Which is funny because my boyfriend is so skinny he was shivering and purple and my sister had to help paddle and she was next to him splashing him the whole way. She kept saying "I'm so sorry. I just feel so bad."

We passed so many people it was surprising how many people were just as late getting on as we were. In a normal summer we would float a quite a bit, probably twice a week. This year is different since we didn’t get enough moisture. We passed trailer trash beach and it was so full of people, I was quite glad that I was in the water and not on the beach.

My seven-year-old got to come with us. He has such a big imagination that floating the river in his mind is always just as exciting as riding a roller coaster.  His favorite parts are when I freak out because I’m a scardy-cat. Watching his imagination take us on these epic adventures makes my heart so happy. He is always thinking up a back story and working to complete the adventure. I remember being that way. He turned a simple floating trip into so much more, I hope I never forget to help fuel his imagination and keep it going strong.

 -Badger Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment